Friday, August 10, 2012

From Downtown

I looked down from the window- Empty streets of downtown,
                           An excruciating voice echoing in background.


  Following the voice,
                                  Lane after Lane- Street after Street


At the corner –a Grey haired lady squinting from the window,
         Half her face covered- fear in her eyes


                                 Don’t follow the voice, She advised,
                                 You will also die is what she cried.


                   With my lonely shadow on street
                 I reached near stream


                 A body hand cuffed, floating.
                       Save me- Save me Save me, he screamed.


              Oh it is you I shouted, Wakeel Sahb  I recognized,
                                         Helpless in defense I cried.



                          Jumping in the river to save you
                                                     I too died….

No comments:

Post a Comment